Total War: Warhammer 3

Associate
Do you get a limited game by default? Are there a lot of in game purchases?
Confirmed Multiple dlcs /content locked behind a paywall. I hate that practice but it's not game breaking or pay to win it's just content restrictive. Last one was 16£ the older ones are 4£ on steam sale.

I think the publishers wised up somewhat because all 3 games were required for all the base content and game modes but they've realised the barrier to entry for new players so changed it up with 3.

Associate
Confirmed Multiple dlcs /content locked behind a paywall. I hate that practice but it's not game breaking or pay to win it's just content restrictive. Last one was 16£ the older ones are 4£ on steam sale.

I think the publishers wised up somewhat because all 3 games were required for all the base content and game modes but they've realised the barrier to entry for new players so changed it up with 3.

Thanks. I really hate this practice, it'll likely stop me buying it.

Soldato
Do you get enough content in the basic package though in your opinion?
As a massive Warhammer fan....there is no such thing as enough.

Depends, 1,2 and 3 are all standalone, you just can't play mortal empires... basically the entire world with everyone battling, massive!

All still good games in their own right, I've clocked up lots of hours in #1 all by itself.

Still, it's all worth it and when all combined is brilliant.

Associate
You'll get your money's worth from the standalone games without having to purchase any DLC. But ... for me, and I guess many people, being able to play the Mortal Empires campaign is the most fun mode of all ( the factions are battling each other across the whole world and the scale is epic ). For that you need to own all 3 base games ; don't need any DLCs but you can add the races/factions you like for extra flavour if you wish.

Associate
I thought CA changed it recently so you could play immortal empires if you only bought Warhammer 3, but only as the races that came with Warhammer 3. So new players would at least experience the map.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I thought they took the requirement of owning all 3 games to play mortal empires away?

I'm sure I read you can now play mortal empires if you own WH3 but only with the races that came with that game so to speak?

WRT DLC. It's not needed unless you want to be able to play every single race available. I've personally not bought any full race pack DLC's only 2 smaller race expansion packs (2 high elf ones) over the 3 main games. I don't have any interest in playing a lot of the other races.

I definitely recommend getting WH1 and WH2 though, which can be bought pretty cheap now as they open up other campaigns for their respective game as well as allowing you to play a large selection of races from the off in ME campaign.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes you can play immortal empires but can only play the races that came with Warhammer 3

Guess it gives a flavour of wanting it all I guess.

It's all worth it, the verity of races and units is amazing as are thier mechanics.

Grom being a favourite with his special dishes he makes to buff units

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm pre-ordering that. The only problem is that the patch won't release on the Mac for a couple of weeks if past patches are anything to go by.

Soldato
I'm pre-ordering that. The only problem is that the patch won't release on the Mac for a couple of weeks if past patches are anything to go by.

Already pre-ordered.
I never pre-order, no matter the game or developer, but I'm a massive fan boy for the Total War: Warhammer games! :p

Caporegime
Already pre-ordered.
I never pre-order, no matter the game or developer, but I'm a massive fan boy for the Total War: Warhammer games! :p
I have stopped preordering since the Chaos Dwarves DLC, no way am I supporting this new habit of lazy development and reduced content at these kinds of prices. I will buy in sale only for the forseeable future.

Soldato
I have stopped preordering since the Chaos Dwarves DLC, no way am I supporting this new habit of lazy development and reduced content at these kinds of prices. I will buy in sale only for the forseeable future.
Fair enough. TW is pretty much the only desktop game I play so it makes sense for me. Everything else I play on Xbox or Switch.

Associate
OP
As someone who has all the dlc the price on this makes me puke [probably to do with Sega] for the content it supplies compared to recent dlcs.

No it isn't acceptable, I will be taking a break from this until they manage to get back the reputation they have lost.

Yes I like Tzeentch and was looking forward to Tamurkhan in the next one, however hard pass this year [especially since my Steam account was hacked and some scrote bought a DOTA 2 item with my wallet].

Last edited:
Soldato
Price is ridiculous , first time I'll wait for a sale before buying dlc for this game.

Then again I'm happy enough just doomquaking mass undead and orcs into tiny pieces...so satisfying.

Soldato
I've decided to ask for a refund on the DLC, felt a bit guilty about being part of the problem.

HXo3qN0.jpg

Power to the people!

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to this Lord Pack. It looks great. Best one in some time.

But to go from £7.99 to £19.99 for a Lord Pack is taking the pee. Sure, there's more content (or rather, they've stopped giving the third new Lord away for free), and inflation is a thing. But a 2.5x increase in price is just nutty. IMO they could have pushed £14.99 with a 10% pre-order discount and most would have just accepted it.

Back
Top Bottom