VARcical Decision

fez

fez

Caporegime
Forest have made a formal request for the VAR audio recordings to be made public

"Was that Ashley ******* Young again! We can't keep letting him off! Thats the third time!"

The Barcelona president is also calling for a replay if it's proven that a VAR error led to Lamine Yamal's goal being wrongly disallowed at the Bernabéu :cry:

They are hilarious. Absolutely love ridiculous grandstanding and overreactions. The worse decision by far was the penalty to RM. The ball probably did go over the line but it wasn't clear.

Caporegime
There have been some atrocious decisions in Spain this season, they don't even have goal line technology there because Tebas cancelled it saying it cost too much. He got a nice payrise the same time approved by the clubs (including Barca)

fez

fez

Caporegime
There have been some atrocious decisions in Spain this season, they don't even have goal line technology there because Tebas cancelled it saying it cost too much. He got a nice payrise the same time approved by the clubs (including Barca)

Some of the decisions I have seen go for RM this season have been utterly bonkers.

Caporegime
No issue with that, the ball was nowhere near him. He turned to look where Kluivert was before swinging the arm. That contacts flush, it's a straight red but the intent to foul off the ball was there even if it was a glancing blow.

fez

fez

Caporegime
No issue with that, the ball was nowhere near him. He turned to look where Kluivert was before swinging the arm. That contacts flush, it's a straight red but the intent to foul off the ball was there even if it was a glancing blow.

Agree completely. Deserved to be disallowed.

Games gone soft!

What do we think about the ignored penalty shout for Brighton last night vs City. Looked pretty stone wall to me.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I felt like they had 2 tbh. I say this every week but games are being decided by the ref too much.

Also if we disallow that goal for Wolves then why not this :

https://v.redd.it/oz49cmz4iowc1

It just isnt a foul haha.

Its a interesting question. We will go back 20s sometimes and pick up something on the build up for a goal but we don't check that a free kick or corner wasn't a massive mistake when someone scores from it. I do understand the reasoning but it doesn't make much sense when you look at it logically.

Soldato
Its a interesting question. We will go back 20s sometimes and pick up something on the build up for a goal but we don't check that a free kick or corner wasn't a massive mistake when someone scores from it. I do understand the reasoning but it doesn't make much sense when you look at it logically.
They went back over 2 minutes when it came to Cities penalty vs United this season. I didnt watch it last night but the highlights suggest Brighton were v unfortunate to not get at least one penalty and that freekick is a disgrace.

Soldato
Sweden has rejected var being introduced

Don’t blame them, probably see **** show league is with it and don’t wanna join the crisis

I’m done with it now, the tech isn’t such the issue it’s the refs and it’s just all a faff

It won’t however go so we’re stuck in this limbo of consistently being inconsistent with it

I’m at the point I’d only allow VAR to stay for goal line tech and offside let the ref decide everything else based on what he sees there and then no var interference at all for anything bar offside/goal line tech

As it stands a ref will give a pen this weekend but next weekend same thing occurs but no pen, same for all other aspects this is with VAR looking at it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just scrap the clear and obvious and if needed re referee the game. Just get to the right decision regardless of what the ref has seen.

Man of Honour
Interesting, I think overall it's detracted from the game - although that's largely down to the poor execution.

Are they realistically likely to scrap it though? I get the feeling most clubs dislike it.

Soldato
They are never going to introduce any sort of accountability or get rid of the ridiculous 'clear and obvious' element so bin it off is my vote

Back
Top Bottom