Solar panel production figures

Soldato
27.89 kwh today, pretty good, still very spikey graph though.

That's basically about the max I ever generated, but that's on the 4.5kw system last year, I've had another 1.2kw of panels put on since winter, I reckon it'd do maybe 30-35 today if it was completely clear, but I haven't been able to find out as basically not had a completely clear day here for at least a month, which is pretty frustrating.

Soldato
OP
Best day for me this year as well, its also a new April record, best day last April was 48.81.

51.63 generated.
50.57 exported.

2008 kWh this year so far.

Pretty much a perfect solar day.

2024-04-29-PV-Yield.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Whilst jealous of you guys with huge systems I'm quite happy with my little 3.96kwp setup. Produced 22kwh today and as I'm on the original 2010 FITs regime it means I get paid 74.3p per kwh inc 50% deemed export :D
I still have 11 years to go on the 25 year contract and basically have had free electricity for the past 10 years after getting ROI after 4 years.

I had a FITS system installed in December 2015, I get just 17.44p per unit, I did away with the deemed export as I have another non FIT system. My FITS system paid for itself by by 2022 IIRC (can't find the spreadsheet!).

Soldato
Best day for me this year as well, its also a new April record, best day last April last 48.81.

51.63 generated.
50.57 exported.

2008 kWh this year so far.

Pretty much a perfect solar day.

Despite my bleating about the clouds earlier, I beat @Ron-ski and it was not a perfect day 'up here' :cry:

52.5kwh generated, not sure on the export yet - GivEnergy are seemingly still running the numbers for the last hour but it will be about ~38kwh.

nJ3HjSI.png

PS. I also managed to syphon 17kwh off my neighbours FIT system into my car. Does that also count? :D

Last edited:
Associate
Whilst jealous of you guys with huge systems I'm quite happy with my little 3.96kwp setup. Produced 22kwh today and as I'm on the original 2010 FITs regime it means I get paid 74.3p per kwh inc 50% deemed export :D
I still have 11 years to go on the 25 year contract and basically have had free electricity for the past 10 years after getting ROI after 4 years.
We're on what must have been the final version of the FIT, and get a whopping 3.8p per kwh, plus 50% deemed.
Even at that paltry rate, by my last calculation, with FIT payments plus reduction in electricity bill, we'll break even around year 8 or 9.
I would like to add some more panels (east and West facing) and a battery at some point in the future. I guess if I add panels to the same array and inverter they will cancel our FIT agreement.

Soldato
With the process coming down I’d expect the 15p export rate we are currently enjoying being reduced as well.

It’s due to drop again in July and they are edging closer and closer compared to when the price cap was ~30p.

Soldato
OP
I would like to add some more panels (east and West facing) and a battery at some point in the future. I guess if I add panels to the same array and inverter they will cancel our FIT agreement.

You can now extend a FITS system, even add a battery. When you do this you are paid pro-rata, so if you doubled the PV array size you would be paid based on 50% of the generation, and a bi-directional meter is required to take account of charging the battery. You would need an MCS certified installer who understands the process. I've not heard of anybody doing this, and its based on what I've read in MCS documents. Here's a couple of links I just found.

Other option is of course to install a completely separate system, which is what I did.

Last edited:
Associate
We just beat our previous record yesterday with 53.5 kWh, but there was a fair bit of cloud too. Today started better, but while it's still mostly sunny, it's a hazy day so the peak generation numbers aren't the best and theres a few passing clouds. If it stays like this I think we'll go higher than yesterday though. Our export account finally went live yesterday too, just in time for the better weather (I hope!).

Associate
26.8kwH yesterday generated and 8kwh exported. Loads of washes done, so not bad. Bit more grey to day and system disconnected for some electrical work so not expecting much today

Back
Top Bottom