Varjo Aero

Associate
Had a good play in AMS2 last night, looked amazing. Couple of weird things I've noticed and want to know if others get it before I do a PC wipe to be sure.
AMS2 takes about 3x longer to load a track with the Varjo than it did with the Reverb.
Also I get little moments of stutters every minute or so, as if my FPS is dropping from a stable 90 to 75 or so, it lasts for a second or two then returns to normal. fpsVR monitor shows my frames being stable 90fps throughout?

anyone else get this before I spend half a day doing a PC reset?

Soldato
Had a good play in AMS2 last night, looked amazing. Couple of weird things I've noticed and want to know if others get it before I do a PC wipe to be sure.
AMS2 takes about 3x longer to load a track with the Varjo than it did with the Reverb.
Also I get little moments of stutters every minute or so, as if my FPS is dropping from a stable 90 to 75 or so, it lasts for a second or two then returns to normal. fpsVR monitor shows my frames being stable 90fps throughout?

anyone else get this before I spend half a day doing a PC reset?

I had that same issue on iRacing. I'd get random stutters (maybe 1 or 2 per race) but fpsVR held a steady 90fps. My CPU was also well under its limit.
Despite this, I just lowered settings till it went away.

Soldato
also experiment with this setting

DrDJTxX.jpg

Associate
yeah that's a possibility. never thought about pre-render frames not sure how much latency they'll add? 11ms? There's an option in the game settings to do it too.
I've just wiped the PC. Read on Varjo discord that it's best to use Nvidia drivers 532.03 with the Aero due to recent drivers causing juddering so going to try that first.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, I have it as a batch file on my desktop, and just click it when firing up the Aero.
An extra step, but worth it.

I believe that Varjo intend to incorporate it into the Varjo Base software, but it's not there yet. I've seen something posted somewhere for why, but I can't remember what the reasoning for it not being there yet.

Associate
FYI. Varjo recommends to use 4x Base Stations on their website so I decided to buy a 3rd Base Station only to discover that it confuses the **** out of SteamVR. You can only use two Base Station 1.0.
Oh well. Now I have a spare.

Last edited:
Associate
nah , bought it from cash converters for 50 quid, not too fussed. I have a spare controller too.
Might set it up as a dedicated one facing sim rig (go kart thing which sort of resembles a kids toy with a load of bass shakers stuck to it) which runs with the other two on the walls switched off.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone come across some games running at ultra-low resolutions, like 640p or something. Even when SteamVR has them showing at running at 4k x 3.5k?
This demo is one if someone could test it?

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone come across some games running at ultra-low resolutions, like 640p or something. Even when SteamVR has them showing at running at 4k x 3.5k?
This demo is one if someone could test it?
I've not noticed anythign like that, but I haven't tried many different games in VR

Back
Top Bottom