Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Soldato
Had a rubbish experience with Apple today.

Took my phone into them a month ago because the microphone has died, along with the top speaker.

They offered to repair there and then, but I’d lose my data - some stuff I couldn’t back up via cloud so had to return home.

Went back today, as it is the first chance I’ve had. Everything backed up ready to go. Went through the checks again and reset my phone. As he tried to book the repair, it declined and said I had to send my phone away to apple

2 options:

Send myself and have it returned 1-2 weeks

Get a loaner phone and have to come back to the store again.

Neither worked for me so unsure what to do at this stage. I can’t get back to the store in the next couple of weeks at least, so I can’t have a loaner, and I can’t really be without a phone for 2 weeks. Might have to buy one and return it once I get mine back.

Of course, they used it as an opportunity to upsell me AppleCare+ to get an express replacement.

Soldato
I did the same thing with my laptop as they didn’t have any exact replacements available i.e I bought whatever they had in stock and then returned it two weeks later. They encouraged me as a way to try out different Apple kit.

Soldato
Would it be worth upgrading from the 13 Pro to the 15 Pro Max ? Waiting until the 16 later this year is probably the sensible option but the upgrade itch is strong....

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Would it be worth upgrading from the 13 Pro to the 15 Pro Max ? Waiting until the 16 later this year is probably the sensible option but the upgrade itch is strong....

Could probably get one discounted now which helps.

£925 open box.

Last edited:
Soldato
They’re currently “on sale” at Amazon (and likely other outlets but I haven’t looked) for £1099.
I went from the 13 Pro Max to the 15 Pro Max however for once it wasn’t spurred by GAS (well partly :p ) but because I got a good trade in value from Apple. Very happy with the change.
It’s hard to see what headline feature Apple will go with this year to merit waiting for a 16 - perhaps AI but I couldn’t care less about that and it’s rumoured to be coming to other series phones anyway.
If it were me I’d go 15 now but that’s just me!

Soldato
I’m looking at £549 down £30 a month for 24 months and £375 back for my 13 pro. + £45 Quidco. Thats with unlimited data/voice/texts.

It works out a bit cheaper doing that than buying for £1099 and continuing my current tariff and a better package than what I have now.

It’s tempting….. Would be my 1st contract phone since I was a teenager….lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly with the AI push in iOS 18 and the upgraded neural engine that will be coming with the A18 chips I would have waited, but I suppose you could always sell the 15 Pro Max and upgrade if the difference is big enough.

Soldato
I have no interest in Ai tbh. I’m more than happy with this it does everything I need and more. It’s actually a nice improvement over the 13 Pro which was unexpected.

Soldato
Im quite impressed how much nicer the screen is on the 15 Pro max to my 13 pro. It’s a lot brighter and just seems crisper. It’s less than an inch bigger but it makes quite a noticeable difference in use.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiE
Soldato
Is there a way to force my phone to use bluetooth headphones when plugged in to a usb-c monitor? I wanna play Warzone Mobile in the office (with xbox pad) but everytime I plug the phone into the monitor, it uses the speakers built into said monitor. Even if I already have my bluetooth headphones connected, it reroutes the audio via usb-c. Anyway around this?

Soldato
Is there a way to force my phone to use bluetooth headphones when plugged in to a usb-c monitor? I wanna play Warzone Mobile in the office (with xbox pad) but everytime I plug the phone into the monitor, it uses the speakers built into said monitor. Even if I already have my bluetooth headphones connected, it reroutes the audio via usb-c. Anyway around this?
If you drag down control centre and tap the Air Play icon you should be able to choose your audio output.
I'm not sure if there's a way to make this default though.

Soldato
The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro series are being heavily discounted at the moment. iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB for under £1000.

Yeah I contacted Amazon as I only got mine Wednesday they would not refund the £110 difference and told me to send it back for a refund and buy a new one. Seems stupid to me but that is what I have done. I’m not turning down saving £110……lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I contacted Amazon as I only got mine Wednesday they would not refund the £110 difference and told me to send it back for a refund and buy a new one. Seems stupid to me but that is what I have done. I’m not turning down saving £110……lol

That’s just stupid on their behalf. If it was a tenner sure but £110 is well worth it.

Soldato

They do have strange customer service sometimes, maybe it it is a supported price so they are getting a discount for phones sold in a certain date range/colour/capacity etc. One thing is for sure the 15 range is the fastest % Iphone depreciation in a long time so best get it at the cheapest price you can.

Associate
I just got rid of my 15PM and have dropped down to a normal 15 in a meanwhile. I think I much prefer the normal sized one over to the Max as now as I need to commute to London more and more now and the size of it makes it a bit easier operating it one handed. Still might get a 15 Pro, but will try and hold off as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom